Tuesday 29 March 2011

My Best Ad of 2010 - E4 Flashmobbed Advert (D&B Takeover!) - Week 8



I dunno what it is about me, but I love a bit of chaos and this ad ticks all the boxes. In a nutshell this ad shows....

The devastating effects that can occur when drum & bass is unleashed upon a group of innocent pop-lovers in a busy London shopping centre. What seems like a nice bit of synchronized dancing turns into all out junglist mayhem as SKIBBA & CO bring the place down! The track used is 'Human Error' by 'Human Error'.
After first watching the ad.  I thought it was just another sequel to the popular T-mobile 'Flash Mob' ad.  But, in fact the ad is actually modeled on T-mobile's - check it out: Original flash Mob Ad  So, after second viewing... T-mobile's ad, in comparison to E4's offering. Makes the whole concept of a "civilised" flash mob now seem really boring and cliched... As a result the thing I don't get is why the ad was banned? Anyways, I think it it's a brilliant ad! Its got something for everyone Sex, Shock and Rock 'n' Roll what more could you want?

To be honest I actually feel quite privileged for witnessing this on commercial TV, since I only got to view it once, before it was promptly taken off air. So, I thought it only right to share this masterpiece with you. Enjoy!

No comments: