Tuesday 1 March 2011

Digital Ad Execution: The BLUE Man Banner - Week 5

Week 5, of my advertising agency experience so far has been really good. I have noticed that time, days and weeks go so fast in an agency environment. I think, maybe it’s due to there being so much work to do. For instance, this week involved helping out with the Blue Man Banner Refresh - an animated Flash Banner advertisement that features on the client’s website, see below.
Blue Man Banner Ad
The banner refresh required I worked with the Account Director in order to clarify and understand the client’s rationale for updating the banner. I found this task especially interesting; because I was presented with a list of keywords consisting of search terms that the client had collected from analysisng click through traffic sources to its website. I had to judge what the client’s search engine optimization requirements were? In doing so, I learnt that it was to nurture its organic search traffic, and not for keyword optimiztion reasons. Due to search engines being unable to communicate with flash banners. The great thing about this task was that I was given full responsibility over its internal management. This involved liaising with the client via email, updating the client on the project’s progress at the weekly status meeting and scheduling a face to face meeting with the client to discuss the project’s next steps.

Date: 1 March 2011

No comments: